|Also known as:||Midlothian / RAF Tynehead / RFC Tynehead|
|Current Status:||Farmland (precise location not known)|
|Date:||February 1917 - 1919 (notification of relinquishment 13 March)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2 and BE12 variants fighters of No 77 Squadron initially had Tynehead available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. The unit switched to using Avro 504Ks at the beginning of 1918, these aircraft remaining in service after the end of fighting.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 77 Sqn