|Also known as:||Innerwick / RAF Skateraw / RFC Skateraw / Skateraw Landing Ground|
|Date:||January 1917 - 1919 (notification of relinquishment 30 January)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2 and BE12 variants fighters of No 77 Squadron initially had Skateraw available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. The unit switched to using Avro 504Ks at the beginning of 1918, these aircraft remaining in service after the end of fighting. Since then the agricultural field layout has significantly changed with surrounding new road systems, largely to do with the nearby Torness nuclear power station, but the eastern boundary of Skateraw can still just be discerned.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 30/11/2018):
- East Lammermuir Community Council
The following alternative information/mass media sources have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 30/11/2018):
- East Lothian Life http://www.eastlothianlife.co.uk/default.asp?page=issue&issue=105
Main unit(s) present:
- No 77 Sqn
Photograph of the plaque at Skateraw, unveiled on 11th November 2018. Courtesy of Pauline Jaffray and Stephen Hinde Photography.