Airfield of the Week - Carew Cheriton

Aircrew of No 321 (Dutch) Squadron gather in front of their Avro Ansons at Carew Cheriton during the Second World War. © IWM (CH 1338)

 

Carew Cheriton began life as a First World War airship station and was also used in the Second World War by Coastal Command. Read more about the history of the airfield and see more photographs by clicking here.

 

Share this article

© 2017 ABCT All rights reserved.
Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust is registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: 20-22 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4JS.
Registered Company No. 08940364. Registered Charity No (England and Wales): 1156877. Registered Charity No (Scotland): SC041123