|Also known as:||Nottingham / RAF Thurgarton / RFC Thurgarton|
|Date:||October 1916 - 1919 (notification of relinquishment 13 March)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Royal Aircraft Factory FE2b fighters of No 38 Squadron had Thurgarton available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One until the unit moved to France in May 1918. A nucleus left behind enabled No 90 Squadron to form the following August, and its Avro 504K fighters remained in service after the end of fighting.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 38 Sqn
- No 90 Sqn