|Also known as:||Little Clacton / Plough Corner Playing Fields / RAF Plough Corner / RFC Plough Corner|
|Current Status:||Farmland / Housing / Leisure activity|
|Date:||October 1916 - 1919 (notification of relinquishment 13 March)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Various fighter types of No 37 Squadron had Plough Corner available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. Eventually in October 1918 Sopwith Camels arrived to provide more standardised aircraft equipment and remained in service after the end of fighting.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 37 Sqn