|Also known as:||HMS Daedalus II / Lawrenny / RNAS Lawrenny Ferry|
|Current Status:||Leisure activity / Moorings|
|Date:||1 February 1942 - 24 October 1943 (Care & Maintenance)|
|Landing Surface Types:||Water|
|Aircraft Roles:||Naval aviation|
No 764 Squadron relocated to Lawrenny Ferry from Pembroke Dock in October 1941 for Fleet Air Arm seaplane training. Supermarine Walruses were joined by some Vought-Sikorsky Kingfisher floatplanes in the summer of 1942 and continued flying until their unit disbanded on 7 November 1943. Lawrenny Ferry had already fallen to Care and Maintenance status late the previous month, saw no further active use and now is only marked by a slipway for the use of pleasure yachts.
- Martletwy Community Council
ABCT would like to thank the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales for the use of their images. Find out more here: www.rcahmw.gov.uk and search their database here: www.coflein.gov.uk.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 764 Sqn