|Also known as:||Chepstow Racecourse / No 7 SLG / RAF Chepstow|
|Current Status:||Leisure activity|
|Date:||13 May 1941 - 31 March 1945|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
|Aircraft Roles:||Aircraft preparation/storage|
The famous racecourse here served as a Satellite Landing Ground from May 1941, initially for No 19 Maintenance Unit (MU) at St. Athan before switching to the control of No 38 MU at Llandow on 27 October of that year. Various types arrived for storage but Supermarine Spitfires tended to predominate at Chepstow. The airfield closed on 31 May 1945 and the racecourse was finally derequisitioned at the end of July 1946, leaving no obvious traces of its aviation past.
- Arena Racing Company
- Chepstow Town Council
ABCT would like to thank the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales for the use of their images. Find out more here: www.rcahmw.gov.uk and search their database here: www.coflein.gov.uk.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 19 MU
- No 38 MU