|Also known as:||RAF Chathill|
|Current Status:||Farmland / Woodland (highly likely location)|
|Date:||July 1918 - 1919|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
|Aircraft Roles:||Maritime patrol|
Chathill was a mooring-out station for anti-submarine patrol non-rigid airships from East Fortune. The airfield was sited in and around woodland at Tileshed Plantation to the east of Chathill railway station, and saw activity in the final months of World War One, but peacetime brought swift closure as with all other similar supportive airfields engaged in this role. Since then the landscape in terms of surrounding trees has changed to quite a degree.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 01/07/2013):
- Beadnell Parish Council