|Also known as:||Brampton Landing Ground / RFC Brampton|
|Date:||October 1916 - 24 March 1917 (relinquished)|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c and d fighters of No 33 Squadron initially had Brampton available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One, being replaced in the autumn of 1916 by Royal Aircraft Factory FE2 variants. The airfield was given up due to the food shortage situation affecting Britain at the time and tactical reasons.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 01/07/2013):
- Thurcroft Parish Council
Main unit(s) present:
- No 33 Sqn