|Also known as:||Blackheath Landing Ground / RAF Blackheath / RFC Blackheath / Colchester|
|Date:||March 1917 - 1920s|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC / Civil|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Various fighter types of No 37 Squadron initially had Blackheath available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. The unit eventually switched to solely using Sopwith Camels in October 1918, these aircraft remaining in service after the end of fighting. Blackheath in its military capacity was notified for relinquishment in the summer of 1919 but was certainly still in use as a private civil landing ground during the late 1920s.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 37 Sqn