|Also known as:||Bishops Hatfield Landing Ground / RFC Bishops Hatfield|
|Current Status:||Unknown (location not known)|
|Date:||21 April 1916 (earliest known date) - 22 October 1916 (relinquished)|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Royal Aircraft Factory BE2 and BE12 variants fighters of No 39 Squadron had Bishops Hatfield available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during part of 1916. The airfield was nevertheless prone to fog and mist and fairly soon replaced by Hertford. It lay in the vicinity of later famous de Havilland factory airfield Hatfield.
Main unit(s) present:
- No 39 Sqn