Did you know?"
Although not obvious today, Bangor possessed a most unusual feature in the form of an extremely jagged boundary tapering off westwards in a diagonally tangential stepped style."
|Also known as:||Aber / RAF Bangor|
|Date:||18 June 1918 - 1920s|
|Used By:||RAF / Civil|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
|Aircraft Roles:||General aviation / Maritime patrol (main use)|
- Bangor City Council
- Bangor Library
- Bangor University - Archives and Special Collections, Library and Archives Service - information held about airfield
- Llanllechid Community Council
Main unit(s) present:
- No 244 Sqn
- No 521 (Special Duty) Flight
- No 522 (Special Duty) Flight
- No 530 (Special Duty) Flight