|Also known as:||All Hallows / Allhallows Landing Ground / Allhallows-on-Sea / RAF Allhallows / RFC Allhallows / Sheerness|
|Date:||October 1916 - 1935|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC / Civil|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
|Aircraft Roles:||Airliner / Fighter|
Various fighter types of No 50 Squadron initially had Allhallows available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. By the late summer of 1918 No 143 Squadron had taken charge of the landing ground, Sopwith Camels remaining in service for this unit after the end of fighting, although Sopwith Snipes had begun to replace them during 1919.
The location is not entirely clear but aviation use returned to at least the general vicinity when Southend-on-Sea Flying Services decided to make Allhallows an optional intermediate stop for its Short Scion monoplanes operating a service between Southend and Rochester during the summer of 1935.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 01/09/2019):
- Allhallows Parish Council
- Allhallows Village Hall
Main unit(s) present:
- No 50 Sqn
- No 143 Sqn
- Southend-on-Sea Flying Services Ltd
Plan of Allhallows. Courtesy of Ed Andrews